The Troll in the bathroom incident never took place. Hermione Granger has become self-contained and unbothered by the opinions of others. She has devoted herself to her studies and finds peace in following the dictates set down by her professors. While she hasn't become close friends with anyone, she has managed to maintain a friendly demeanor that keeps her unmolested from her fellow classmates. An older Slytherin, Adrian Pucey, has finally taken notice of the quiet, talented younger girl. You decide how and why. How does their relationship develop.
I absolutely would not like to see the following:
1) The relationship is stalled by hateful outsiders and scorned ex-lovers.
2) The Pucey family interfering by introducing a long-lost fiance into Adrian's life. (Or anyother past or potential-future Mrs. Adrian Pucey)
3) No other interference from his family.
4) Lord Voldemort and the Death Eaters (Remember this is not a Harry-centric story. He should not be an influencing factor.)
3) An overly naive Hermione who is completely clueless of Adrian's interest and the potential problems that a relationship between them presents.
What might be interesting for you to include:
1) A heavily religious Hermione. (Anglican or other).
2) Adrian growing as a person. (Either in talents and abilities or in his beliefs).
3) The Pucey and Granger families. Be original and don't just make it a cat-fight between them. Make them strong, interesting original supporting characters; dynamic people who have positively affected the development of Adrian and Hermione.
Originally posted at Dragon Bunnies
, but no one read it. Boohoo.
Please Write This, Someone, Anyone!bach2bach